October 2023 Beach Cleanup
October 7 @ 8:00 am - 10:00 am
WHERE: Ocean Cay Park, southeast corner of US Hwy. 1 at 2188 Marcinski Road. (North of Donald Ross Rd., South of Indiantown Rd.) Anita Lankler Pavilion (which faces the beach road.)
WHAT HAPPENS: We clean a 2 ½ mile stretch from the Juno Beach Pier to the southern edge of Carlin Park (crossovers 22-59). Return before 9:30am, enjoy a variety of breakfast foods, drinks, old & new friends and FREE PRIZES!
Dogs stay home today!
Beach cleanups are cancelled in rain or dangerous weather.
Cancellation notices will be posted on our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/FriendsofJupiterBeach
If cancelled, no rescheduling, see you next month!
WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU ARRIVE:
- Sign in & get your free prize ticket
- Grab your gloves, grabbers & small bags, provided by us
- Join a team
- Follow Team Captain (orange shirts) instructions for cleanup areas. Some sections require driving, some sections require walking
- Clean on the beach, along walkways, under crossovers, in parking areas, in the park, etc. We separate recyclables. Please follow the Friends of Jupiter Beach Volunteer Code of Safety.
- Organized groups must contact us at email@example.com.
ARRIVE WEARING: Closed-toe shoes, hats, sunscreen, bug spray. NO FLIP FLOPS. Protect arms and legs.
LEAVE BAGS BY THE TRASHCANS ON THE SIDEWALK; not on the beach, not on the road. Help Team Captains dump into large black bags or blue recyclables bags.
REGISTRATION: There is no need for individuals to register in advance. STUDENTS desiring school community service credit MUST check in by 8am sharp to receive 2 hours CS credit. To ensure great volunteer experiences for every individual, we must limit group size to 25. Our group coordinator will be happy to provide additional information. Thank you for your understanding.