December 2023 Beach Cleanup
December 2 @ 8:00 am - 10:00 am
Thank you to our December sponsors:
Thank you to our Community Partners: FPL & Mint Eco Car Wash
WHERE: Ocean Cay Park, southeast corner of US Hwy. 1 at 2188 Marcinski Road. (North of Donald Ross Rd., South of Indiantown Rd.) Anita Lankler Pavilion (which faces the beach road.)
WHAT HAPPENS: We clean a 2 ½ mile stretch from the Juno Beach Pier to the southern edge of Carlin Park (crossovers 22-59). Return before 9:30am, enjoy a variety of breakfast foods, drinks, old & new friends and FREE PRIZES!
Dogs stay home today!
Beach cleanups are cancelled in rain or dangerous weather.
Cancellation notices will be posted on our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/FriendsofJupiterBeach
If cancelled, no rescheduling, see you next month!
WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU ARRIVE:
- Sign in & get your free prize ticket
- Grab your gloves, grabbers & small bags, provided by us
- Join a team
- Follow Team Captain (orange shirts) instructions for cleanup areas. Some sections require driving, some sections require walking
- Clean on the beach, along walkways, under crossovers, in parking areas, in the park, etc. We separate recyclables. Please follow the Friends of Jupiter Beach Volunteer Code of Safety.
- Organized groups must contact us at email@example.com. Our group coordinator will be happy to provide additional information.
ARRIVE WEARING: Closed-toe shoes, hats, sunscreen, bug spray. NO FLIP FLOPS. Protect arms and legs.
LEAVE BAGS BY THE TRASHCANS ON THE SIDEWALK; not on the beach, not on the road. Help Team Captains dump into large black bags or blue recyclables bags.
REGISTRATION: There is no need for individuals to register in advance. STUDENTS desiring school community service credit MUST check in by 8am sharp to receive 2 hours CS credit. To ensure great volunteer experiences for every individual, we must limit group size to 25.